Saturday 15 November 2008

PoW

Refuge was my synonym for home
For the latter I hadn’t seen in years
My space in the tent had become smaller
As others had joined in to share my tears

The overpowering urge to flee
Had diminished into a wishful thought
A sense of withdrawal had taken over
Knowing that my life was options-drought

I was belittled by my own frame of mind
Which had been deprived of any sanity
Feeling as helpless as a small child
I dwelled in the collective bondage of humanity

Questions about the length of survival
Often clogged my mind in doubt
As death seemed closer every passing day
Food, medicines & security we had been without

Disgusted by my dreams of freedom
I wondered what I had to live for
For I had shrunk into a fight for existence
Becoming just another Prisoner of War

No comments: